A Brief family-memorial service

This is shot of that we were bowing for them


January 14, 2008

It is a memorial day for my family's ancestors. What I mean is that three times a year, our family has brief family-memorial services, not including Lunar's new year and thanks giving. And it made my family and all my father's relatives gathered in house where a first brother of my farther live.

Meeting all them at a time was the first time since Korean thanks's giving day last year. Prior to starting the ceremony, we catched up what and how we have been doing in a perfect harmony, expect for a story. A brother just started to run his own japanese restaurant 3months ago and it hasn't been as good as his prospect. I felt sorry to hear while we talked about short plan for business, and his expect to succeed however he now expects that his business will go positively. I hope it goes really well.

A ceremony started. This time, About 20people were standing and making a low bow, preying for forefathers peace. It took patience (I felt backache from bowing a lot lol)and went for two hours to get it done. People around me looked peace and beautiful. When it was about to finish. I preyed for my family such as health, financial stuff though I don't believe they will make my hopes or dreams come true. As my father and mother, who are the most admire sincerely put belief in them. I'm following them, without saying anything.

No matter how it works, thanks to this korean beautiful traditional event, our all family had a good time and it reminded us how family import is.

No comments: